Charlotte Hornets, NBA
- Former point guard for the Washington Bullets, Charlotte Hornets, Golden State Warriors and Toronto Raptors (1987-2001)
- Hornets’ career leader in minutes played (19,768), assists (5,557) and steals (1,067)
- Held Hornets’ single game record of 19 assists until 2007 when Chris Paul recorded 21
- US National Team member and Gold Medal winner in the 1986 FIBA World Championship
- Frances Pomeroy Naismith Award (1987)
Muggsy Bogues is a former NBA point guard for the Washington Bullets, Charlotte Hornets, Golden State Warriors and Toronto Raptors. He was drafted 12th overall in the 1987 NBA Draft by the Washington Bullets where he played for one season. Muggsy joined the Charlotte Hornets in 1988 and stayed there for ten years, becoming one of the most well-known players on the team. He is the Hornets’ career leader in minutes played with 19,768, assists with 5,557 and steals with 1,067. Until 2007, Muggsy held the Hornets’ single-game record of 19 assists. After his career in Charlotte, Muggsy played for the Warriors for two seasons and the Raptors for two seasons before retiring from the NBA.
Before going pro, Muggsy played collegiate basketball for Wake Forest University where he averaged 11.3 points per game and 8.4 assists per game. He played for the US National Team in the 1986 FIBA World Championship where he helped the team win a Gold Medal.
After his retirement, Muggsy worked in real estate before becoming embarking on a coaching career. He was named head coach of the Charlotte Sting of the WNBA in 2005. In 2011, he became the head coach of the United Faith Christian Academy boys’ basketball team in Charlotte, North Caroline.
Tweet$500Promote your brand or business with a tweet from Muggsy.
Q&A$2,500Muggsy will share his story to up to 20 people. Your small group of friends, students, co workers, or event attendees will be inspired by Muggsy's path to success.
* Booking this talent outside of the booking region may result in additional costs. Thuzio Pros are subject to availability.
Sport Basketball League NBA Team
- Washington Bullets (1987-1988)
- Charlotte Hornets (1988-1997)
- Golden State Warriors (1997-1999)
- Toronto Raptors (1999-2001)
Position Point Guard College Wake Forest University