Boston Red Sox, MLB
- Moorpark College Athletic Hall of Fame inductee (2008)
- Career-high 18 home runs in just over 400 at-bats, ranking him 3rd in AL rookies
- Managed the Boston Red Sox Single-A affiliate team, the Greenville Drive, for one season (2007)
- Owns Texas Rangers all-time hitting streak record of 28 games
- Co-founded the Gabe Kapler Foundation with his wife, Lisa
Gabe Kapler began his MLB career in 1998 with the Detroit Tigers. During his rookie season, he wound up hitting a career-high 18 home runs in just over 400 at-bats, third among American League rookies. His 10 home runs in his first 64 games was the fastest by a Tiger rookie since 1954, and was not surpassed until 2008. In 2000, Gabe joined the Texas Rangers where he played for two seasons, making just one error in 344 total chances for a .997 fielding percentage, second-best in the AL. The California native played one year for the Colorado Rockies before joining the Boston Red Sox in 2003. With the Sox, Gabe played a career-high 136 games in 2004, hitting 6 home runs and driving in 33 runs in 290 at-bats. He batted .272 and led the team with 6 outfield assists. In Game 4 of the World Series, he had been a pinch runner, but manager Terry Francona left him in the game to play right field in the ninth inning, making him one of the nine players who were on the field when the Red Sox won their first title in 86 years. After playing in Japan for a year in 2005, Gabe returned to Boston where he played for one season as well as served as a manager of the team’s Single-A affiliate, the Greenville Drive. Gabe returned to the field as a player in 2008, playing for the Milwaukee Brewers and Tampa Bay Devil Rays before announcing his retirement in 2010. Prior to going pro, Gabe played college baseball at Moorpark College in California. He was inducted into the Moorpark College Athletic Hall of Fame in 2008. Outside of baseball, Gabe works to give back to the community. He and his wife, Lisa, co-founded the Gabe Kapler Foundation, which is dedicated to educating the public about domestic violence and helping women escape abusive relationships.
Tweet$200Promote your brand or business with a tweet from Gabe.
Q&A$750Gabe will share his story to up to 20 people. Your small group of friends, students, co workers, or event attendees will be inspired by Gabe's path to success.
Appearance$750Hire Gabe Kapler to make an appearance at your next event! Gabe Kapler’s appearance will be the perfect way to promote your business or organization. (Up to 60 minutes). Autograph show pricing may vary.
* Booking this talent outside of the booking region may result in additional costs. Thuzio Pros are subject to availability.
Sport Baseball League MLB Team
- Detroit Tigers (1998–1999)
- Texas Rangers (2000–2002)
- Colorado Rockies (2002–2003)
- Boston Red Sox (2003–2004, 2005–2006)
- Yomiuri Giants (2005) (NPB)
- Milwaukee Brewers (2008)
- Tampa Bay Rays (2009–2010)
Position Outfielder College Moorpark College