University at Buffalo Men's Basketball Coach, NCAA
- Current head men’s basketball coach at the University at Buffalo
- 2x NCAA champion with the Duke University Blue Devils (1991 and 1992)
- Named the NCAA Final Four Most Outstanding Player as a junior (1992)
- Consensus NCAA first team All-American selection (1993)
- Played point guard in the NBA for 5 seasons for the Sacramento Kings and Vancouver Grizzlies
Bobby Hurley is a former NBA point guard and the current coach of the University at Buffalo men’s basketball team. Bobby began his playing career at St. Anthony High School where his father, Bobby Hurley Sr. is currently the coach. After leading the team to four consecutive state titles and a record of 115-5, Bobby decided to play point guard for the Duke University Blue Devils. He was a first-team All-American in 1993 and went to the Final Four three times as a Blue Devil, leading the team to back-to-back national championships in 1991 and 1992. Bobby was named the Final Four Most Outstanding Player in 1992 and currently holds the NCAA record for all-time assists with 1,076. His Duke jersey was retired in 1993 and in 2001 he was named to the ACC 50th Anniversary men's basketball team as one of the fifty greatest players in ACC history.
After an outstanding collegiate career, Bobby was selected as the seventh overall pick in the 1993 NBA Draft by the Sacramento Kings. He played for the Kings for five seasons from 1993 to 1998 before rounding out his pro career in 1998 with the Vancouver Grizzlies. After serving as a scout for the Philadelphia 76ers in 2003, Bobby focused his talents on coaching. In 2010, the New Jersey native was named the assistant coach for the men’s basketball team at Wagner College. Bobby coached at the University of Rhode Island before landing his first head coaching job on March 26, 2013 at Buffalo.
Dinner$2,500Bobby will join you and your small group of up to 10 people at lunch or dinner. You choose the restaurant and you choose what you want to talk about. Bobby will share stories from his career.
Appearance$5,000Hire Bobby Hurley to make an appearance at your next event! Bobby Hurley’s appearance will be the perfect way to promote your business or organization. (Up to 60 minutes). Autograph show pricing may vary.
Private Instruction$2,000Bobby will be your personal coach giving you access to a two-time NCAA champion and current head coach. Bobby will coach a one-on-one session for any player up to age 13. You'll learn firsthand what it takes to be a professional point guard. (This experience is subject to NCAA rules and regulations)
* Booking this talent outside of the booking region may result in additional costs. Thuzio Pros are subject to availability.
Sport Basketball League NCAA Team
- As player:
- Sacramento Kings (1993-1998)
- Vancouver Grizzlies (1998)
- As coach:
- Wagner College (asst. 2010-2011)
- University of Rhode Island (asst. 2012)
- University at Buffalo (2013-present)
Position Head Coach College Duke University